kadebographicsstudio HOME Welcome to KADEBO's WORLD.BLOGSPOT.COM : Topic: Nigerian Transgender Claims She Was Jailed In Nigeria For Being Trans

Friday 22 November 2013

Topic: Nigerian Transgender Claims She Was Jailed In Nigeria For Being Trans



Nigerian model and singer Miss saHHara (pictured above – who was born male) claimed in an article yesterday to mark the Transgender Day of Remembrance that she was harassed and jailed in Nigeria for being a transgender and even attempted suicide but is now proud and free.
Miss SaHHara writes…

Quote
I am standing in front of the mirror looking at my reflection. Tears of joy trickle down my rouged cheek before going on stage. I am in tears because I just can’t believe how realistic my dreams have become. I am a woman! Living my life freely. Accepted and respected for my achievements as a model and a performer.

My fellow transgendered sisters and brothers paved this way for me. They fought for acceptance, understanding and respect. Some died while fighting for what they believed in and others fell before their time due to hate, rejection and society’s unfairness. Every single story gave me strength to fight on and never to give up.

No comments: